۱۳۸۸ شهریور ۳, سه‌شنبه

yesterday and today fromthe other point of view




Thanks to Mrs. Moradi for creating this blog and sorry for my delay because of some problems in my notebook.
Yesterday (23 August): after the opening ceremony, I took part in new commers section. in fact it was a friendly meeting for introducing some sections of IFLA to new commers and serious discussion wasn’t presented. “IFLA is the voice of libraries” was announced as IFLA2009 motto. Then, I went to exhibition in which some publishers were introducing their products. My visit was short because exhibition visiting is my tomorrow schedule.

Today(24 August): according to our schedule, I participated in EBSCO demo present. In its panel, the participants asked some questions about this database. I liked to know more about EBSCO, so after the meeting, I had a long dialogue with its sale manager. After that, I went to the exhibition and visited some exhibitors. In the view of communication, I believe that visiting exhibition is the most important part of our attendance. Their indexing policy or procedure for our journal (JIST) indexing by these databases, was one of my questons. Additionally, they were questioned about their tools, policy, and cost of their services.
I also took part in two sections: open access and copy right that the first one was very useful and the second was very professional in which some google experts raised new topics.

هیچ نظری موجود نیست: