۱۳۸۸ شهریور ۲, دوشنبه

The second day: 24th PART 1

Hi everybody,
let me start from the very first, I'd scheduled to visit the booths today, exploring what they offer and what they do specially regarding to the open access and copyright issues, there are some companies offer document delivery services and some offering their products and softwares, almost all of them did not support Farsi and they never even though about that before. They though the Farsi is hard to cope with regarding to the techical issued.
The OCLC was the other target, they didn't know we had customized DC, they had a nice statistc demonestration on their website showing the verity of languages in documents with a folksonomy format,it was a bright idea! check out their website and find the mentioned statistics in the STATISTICS section.
Moreover,the united states embassy libraries has told me about Irandoc and they knew it was established 40 years ago, I don't have any idea from where did they find this information!
In the meantime, I've found France has offered their service,specially for Ph.D. thesis ONLINE for free!!
Last but not least, I talked with some institute like Japan and China Institue of IS and IT, somehow similar to Irandoc, I found that we are the premier in services,still!!! Think it was informtive as well as useful!
oh by they way, I have to write about a scholarship for LIS students who are good in french,they are going to attend in a grant program in LIS in France. I gonna write about it with details,later.

p.s:I don't know what's happened with the weblog, it's right to left now!!!do you know how

۲ نظر:

Omid Fatemi گفت...

It is good if you collect the contact info of all interested people and those we could communicate in future.

Shima Moradi گفت...

Hi again, I have got their contact info and gonna forward them to public affair, inshallah